What’s in the Air We Breathe?

What’s in the Air We Breathe?

It’s easy to take breathing clean air for granted. In fact, it’s something many people usually don’t think about at all – until recently. Given recent outbreaks of viruses, and the remnants of fire season in San Diego, the air we breathe is muddied with pollutants and other harmful pathogens. Believe it or not, even the seemingly clean air you breathe indoors can be absolutely full of carcinogens and potentially toxic chemicals. This is reason why we made such an impactful investment at The Brush Stop to improve the air quality in our office.


Some of the hidden health hazards that you might find in the air you breathe, Dust and dirt – Did you know that an average home produces nearly 40 pounds of airborne dust and dirt every year?

  • Skin cells –The next time you’re watching a sunbeam, think about this: Over 80% of the material catching the light is likely to be dead skin cells!
  • Allergens –While San Diego’s air is clean; our allergen levels can be nearly off the charts, especially during spring and summer.
  • Mold, bacteria, fungus & viruses –Dust and dirt are visible to the naked eye, but they only make up 10% of pollutants in the air. The other 90% includes tiny organisms like mold, bacteria and viruses..
  • Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) –Perfumes, air fresheners, and other man-made chemicals aren’t natural! Also known as VOCs, these chemical compounds can make breathing difficult and cause systemic illness.


Our Surgically Clean Air unit cleanses and sanitizes the air of these pollutants, keeping you, and our team healthy and energized.


Comments are closed.