What Not to Eat with Braces?
What Foods to Avoid During Orthodontic Treatment:
Don’t worry, your days with most of your favorite foods are not numbered, and you will be enjoying popcorn and biting into apples in no time! Some foods that should be avoided include:
- Hard foods that are bit into: apples, carrots, toasted sandwiches, corn on the cob
- Sticky or chewy foods: caramels, taffy, chewing gum, licorice
- Crunchy or hard foods: chips, popcorn, toast, nuts
- Limit the amount of sugary foods you eat. Sugar can increase the plaque that forms on your teeth, causing cavities and permanent white marks. Many foods, like breakfast cereals, have hidden sugars. If you choose to eat sugary foods, please brush immediately after.
- Avoid in between meal snacking.
- The worst thing you can do is drink soda and eating between meals without brushing!