- Be mindful of numbness for up to 2-4 hours post extraction
- Do not use a straw or spit for at least 24 hours
- Avoid carbonated beverages, spicy foods, acidic foods, or crunchy foods
- Avoid tampering with extraction site
- Bleeding: tooth may ooze for up to 24 hours. This is normal, and expected. If bleeding occurse, place guaze over extraction site and bite down to allow pressure to stop bleeding. This should be done for 10 minutes.
- The day of the extraction should be a movie day, with little strenuous activity. Sports should be kept to a minimum.
If necessary, OTC use of Children’s Tylenol, Advil, or Motrin as directed for the age of the child can be sued for discomfort.
Please do not hesitate to call the office if there are any questions.